01 mars 2010

JEAN LUC BEGHIN:"THE 747 ARTIST" / L'ARTISTE DU 747

When I was a teenager,I was a reader of a french comic titled "Spirou".Sometimes,as central poster was an illustration of famous plane's cockpit.I remember being fascinated by the high quality of the drawing and the way it made you feel in the pilot's seat...
One year ago,I decided to look for some of these posters.I quickly discovered that I was not the only fan of these posters. The artist himself was considered as a reference...even as a Legend.His name :Jean Luc Behin.
Enfant,je me souviens avoir été fasciné par ceratins posters centraux de Spirou représentant des cockpits dessinés d'avions célébres.La qualité était telle que l'on avait l'impression d'être aux commandes de l'avion en question.En essayant de retrouver certains de ces posters,je me suis vite rendu compte que je n'étais pas le seul et que leur dessinateur lui même était une véritable référence...voir une légende.Son nom : Jean Luc Béghin.
As you can imagine,I have tried to know for many months if this famous artist had drawn a 747 classic cockpit.I had the answer a few days ago and it was...POSITIVE ! I had the oppotunity to get a small reproduction of the work from an aeronautic publication and it was absolutely amazing ! I was back in my childhood,with the same feeling of being sat in the pilot's seat...
Comme vous pouvez l'imaginer,j'ai voulu savoir si cet artiste avait dessiné dans sa carrière un cockpit de 747 classique.J'ai eu la réponse il y a quelques jours en me portant acquéreur d'une petite reproduction du poster.Ce fut absolument incroyable,comme dans mon adolescence,je me retrouvais dans le siège du pilote à la seule vision de cette oeuvre.
And the story doesn't stop there.On the back of the reproduction,Mr Beghin himself told the story of this poster and mentionned at the end...his email adress ! But this publication was about 4 years old ! Was this adress still valid ? I tried the contact...and had the honor to get a nice reply from him.More than that,he kindly provided me best quality poster reproduction for this blog.
Mais l'histoire ne s'arrête pas là car au dos de la reproduction figurait un article de Mr Béghin lui même sur l'histoire de ce dessin et surtout une adresse email à laquelle je m'empressai de lui écrire.Non seulement je reçus une très sympathique réponse,mais également de meilleures reproduction du poster pour diffusion sur ce blog.
I warmly recommand you to visit his website where you can have a look at his art,and even become the happy owner of some limited edition prints ( yes,even the 747 one !) : http://www.jeanlucbeghin.com/
Je ne serais trop vous recommander de visiter son site ou vous pourrez voir certaines de ces oeuvres et vous porter acquéreur de ceratines d'entres elles en série limitée (oui, même celle du 747 !)
With all my thanks to Mr Jean Luc Beghin for his support and kindness and above all, having allowed me,in some way,to seat in so many cockpits...
Avec tous me remerciement à Mr jean Luc Béghin pour son soutien et sa gentillesse et par dessus tout,pour m'avoir d'une certaine manière,autorisé à m'asseoir dans tous ces cockpits...